The floorplan of a tiny house comes together with some hard compromises and battles for every few centimeters. Every choice matters, because the limited outside measures are set beforehand. In other words, it’s a matter of setting priorities and making choices. Our choices are based on a few simple core principles we set ourselves, which you can read all about on this page. We will share the result on this page, but bare in mind: these things will be changing sooner or later anyway!
Why choose such a tiny tiny house
Our tiny home is relatively quite small. The inside measures are : (LxBxH) 7,32 x 2,46 x 2,59 meter. About 18 square meters. Our choice for a thermo swap body has everything to do with that. For us its just right. We know we could do with even less, after traveling in a tiny self build campervan for over a year. By limiting our space as much as we can, we also make our build cheaper and our energy need lower.
The floorplan displays the inside of our tiny house. With a simple walkthrough, you’ll understand the setup.
• Entrance with two big doors in the middle.
• To the right: lifted sitting area
• In the middle: kitchen with movable table/kitchen working area
• High up to the left: Closed alley. Used for water tanks and outside storage
• To the left: hallway to small sink, with bathroom right behind it (with composting toilet and shower)
• To the end: Cozy bed with closets underneath
• In the corner to the left: Big closet
Do you have any additional questions about our setup? Let us know in the comments down below!